Manuel lives in Argentina and is very passionate about casino games and the adrenaline that the games imply. Manuel has also a burning interest in the crypto market and its opportunities. In his free time, he likes to do extreme sports in nature, such as climbing the mountains of Patagonia and diving in the sea.
All the Best Crypto Casinos
The online gambling industry never sleeps and it tends to be at the cutting edge of the latest technology and trends. This is why it is no surprise that more and more online casinos and gambling sites now offer cryptocurrency payments. This growing popularity is thanks to the level of anonymity they offer and because many traditional payment methods are moving away from gambling payments. While many of the long-standing online casinos have merely added the option of using crypto, new dedicated crypto gambling sites are popping up.
At BTCasinos, we love crypto and see it as the future of gaming. Our aim is to guide you in this exciting new chapter of online gambling and to provide you with the latest news, reviews, and more when it comes to crypto casinos. Our unbiased crypto casino reviews will help you to choose the best crypto casinos to play at, plus we will let you know about the latest crypto bonuses to give you that extra bankroll to kick-off your winning streak.
100% up to 1.5 BTC + 100 Freespins
8 / 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
100% up to €500 + 100 Free Spins
8 / 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
111% up 1 BTC or 50,000 USDT + 100 Freespins
8 / 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
20% cashback every day
8 / 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
100% up to 1 BTC + 180 FS
8 / 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
What is a Crypto Casino?
A cryptocurrency casino is essentially the same as a traditional online casino, however instead of transacting with regular (fiat) currencies like euros, dollars, pounds, etc., these gambling sites support cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE) and various others. While some casino sites support both fiat and crypto (generally the older, more established casino sites), there is a wave of new online crypto casinos that have emerged in recent years, and many new ones coming online daily that are crypto-only casinos. When it comes to playing, some sites will allow you to deposit with crypto but then convert your balance to fiat, whereas with other sites, your bankroll will be in crypto and your bets are placed in crypto. When it comes time to withdraw from any of these sites, you then withdraw in cryptocurrency to a crypto wallet. If you are new to crypto and don’t know much about cryptocurrencies and wallets, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered and will explain this in more detail below. It’s worth noting that many of the crypto casinos do offer you the ability to purchase your preferred cryptocurrency through their sites with your credit or debit card. Our casino reviews will let you know which crypto and or fiat currencies each casino supports.
What are the advantages of crypto casinos?
Transacting with crypto offers various advantages, so let’s explore some of the benefits:
|1.||✔️ Fast Transactions – Crypto transactions are generally really fast which means when you deposit your funds, they will show in your casino account within a minute or two. However, some cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, can take a little longer if the network is busy. One of the key benefits, when it comes time to withdraw, is that many of the crypto casinos process crypto withdrawals really quickly which means within minutes, your winnings can be in your crypto wallet.|
|2.||✔️ Secure – One of the biggest benefits of crypto is that it is extremely secure, not just thanks to the cryptographic encryption, but because your personal details do not need to be revealed like a credit card number. When you transact with crypto, you have what is known as a public wallet address that you send and receive from, and even if someone has your wallet address, they cannot access your funds without knowing the private key. (Make sure never to share your private key with anyone).|
|3.||✔️ Anonymous – Only a handful of cryptocurrencies are truly anonymous, whereas the majority are in fact pseudonymous, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. What this means is that if someone knows your public address, they can view your holdings and transactions on the blockchain ledger, but don’t worry, they can’t see any personal information. When it comes to crypto casinos and crypto gambling sites, this “anonymity” adds an extra layer of security as you don’t need to reveal details like your credit card number. Some Bitcoin casinos offer anonymous casino accounts so you literally can sign up with just an email address without even sharing your first name. However, if you intend to play at a licensed and regulated crypto casino, you may still need to provide all your information and complete account verification procedures like KYC. If you do choose an unlicensed crypto casino where you can play completely anonymously, then you will need to weigh up the risk of playing with a potentially risky site versus revealing your full details with a regulated site.|
|4.||✔️ Low Fees – While many cryptocurrencies have very low transaction fees, especially when you compare it to bank and wire transfers, in some instances the fees can be high. When the Bitcoin network is very busy, the fees can become quite expensive. If this is a concern for you then you may want to use options like Litecoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, and others which have very low transaction fees.|
What are the disadvantages of crypto casinos?
Despite the benefits and advantages of crypto casinos, there are some disadvantages that you should bear in mind.
|1.||✔️Volatility – Cryptocurrencies tend to be extremely volatile which means their value, in relation to other currencies, especially fiat currencies, is constantly fluctuating. For example, if you deposit $100 worth of BTC into your casino account, when you withdraw BTC, it could be worth much less such as $85, but on the other hand, it could also be worth more if the value of BTC went up. This is one reason why you may choose to play at a crypto casino where your balance is held in crypto and not fiat currency.|
|2.||✔️ No Payment Reversals – Unlike a credit card or many popular e-wallets where if there is an issue you can open a dispute with the payment processor and/ or request a chargeback or payment reversal, crypto does not offer such a luxury. This is why you should only play at a reliable, reputable, and licensed casino.|
|3.||✔️ Limited Recourse – Due to the decentralized nature of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, if you have an issue with your funds or you sent it to the wrong address, getting your crypto back is almost impossible. It is essential to make sure that you send it to the correct address. While you may get some support or assistance from the casino, they have no control over the blockchain.|
Choosing the Best Crypto Casino
Choosing a crypto casino to play at is very similar to selecting a regular online casino with just a few additional considerations. Here are some of the key factors to look at when making your choice of crypto casino.
- Reputable & Transparent – As with anything you do online these days, you should opt for a casino that is reputable, reliable, and transparent. Typically you will be better off with a licensed and regulated crypto casino. In order for these casinos to attain and keep their license, they need to maintain certain standards and safety measures. Also, depending on the regulator that the casino is licensed with, if you have an issue with the casino that is not being resolved, you will have a level of recourse where you can open a dispute with the regulator. While you may be tempted to join a brand new crypto casino that is unregulated because they offer some great perks or bonuses, you should be cautious. With regards to transparency, you should take a look at their terms and conditions to make sure there are no clauses that may catch you off-guard later on.
- Restricted Countries – Depending on various factors, the crypto casino will have a list of countries that they do not accept players from, so before you even try to sign up, take a good look at this. If your country is restricted, do not be tempted to try to work around this or use a VPN to hide your location. If the casino finds out, you risk your account being banned and you could forfeit any funds in your account. Many crypto casinos still request ID and address (KYC) verification, so you certainly don’t want to have a big win and then try to withdraw only to find out you cannot.
- Games Catalog – It goes without saying that if you are going to play at a crypto casino, that they have a wide catalog of games, and specifically games that you would want to play. Nowadays, most casinos offer games from many of the top game developers, so you should have a fairly good range to choose from.
- Bonuses & Promotions – It is pretty much standard that every online casino today offers a welcome bonus and ongoing offers and promotions. While you may be inclined to jump at the biggest offer, there could be some terms and conditions that make them less attractive, such as very high wagering requirements or maximum bonus winnings transfer. The key thing to look out for here is the terms and conditions of the respective bonus because you will certainly be disappointed when it comes time to withdraw and the casino won’t allow you to. In general, you can expect to get a deposit match bonus with your first deposit and possibly Free Spins too.
- Loyalty Programme – This is something that many players overlook when choosing a crypto casino. Ideally, you want to play at a cryptocurrency casino that has a decent loyalty program so that you can reap the maximum benefits over the long term.
- Customer Support – A key aspect of choosing a casino to play at is the support they offer and are they responsive and helpful. Take a look at the crypto casino website and see what support they have, how to contact them, and are they available 24/7. A good tip before signing up with the casino is to contact the support and just ask a few questions and gauge from that. If they don’t respond or give you a sense of comfort, you may want to consider another crypto casino. If you are new to the world of crypto, you will certainly want to know that the casino support will be able to guide and assist you.
- Cryptocurrency Selection – Take a look at which cryptocurrencies the casino supports. You will likely want a crypto casino that covers some of the big cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Dogecoin (DOGE), Tether (USDT), and more. You will also want to check if the casino offers you the ability to purchase crypto through their site, or do you have to first buy from an exchange. The convenience of being able to top up your crypto through the casino site is well worth it. Along with the range of cryptocurrencies supported, you will want to know if your account balance will be held in crypto and that you can play in the respective cryptocurrency or do they convert your crypto to fiat currency.
- Transaction fees – It is important to know that all cryptocurrency transactions are subject to fees by the crypto network. These fees are not in the hands of the casino. This could also impact which cryptocurrency you choose to play with, for example when the Bitcoin or Ethereum network is busy, the fees can increase dramatically. You should check if the crypto casino charges any additional fees for transactions. Many of the top crypto casinos do not charge any extra fees.
Getting Started with a Crypto Casino
Getting the action started with a crypto casino is straightforward and in many cases even simpler than joining a traditional online casino. Many new crypto casinos allow you to get started with just an email address. That’s right, you don’t even need to put your name, telephone or address. However, not all crypto casinos are created equal as some will ask for your personal details. Once your account is set up there are a few things you will need to do before you can start your winning streak.
1. Crypto Wallet
A crypto wallet is essentially where you will store your crypto, whether it be BTC, ETH, DOGE, or any other for that matter. In the strictest sense, your crypto isn’t stored in the wallet but is in fact saved in the blockchain ledger. The wallet is merely a gateway to the blockchain so that you can access, store, send and spend. There are various types of crypto wallets including software and hardware wallets. The most important thing about your wallet is saving your private key in a secure place. So long as you have your private key, you can access your crypto, but if you lose or forget your private key, there is no way to recover your funds. The quickest, easiest, and most user-friendly wallets are apps that you install on your smartphone. You can use a hot wallet provided by a crypto exchange, but these are not considered the most secure and if you have a large amount of crypto, you may want to consider moving some of your cryptos into an independent wallet that you control.
2. Buying Crypto
The next step to getting started with a crypto casino is getting yourself some crypto funds for example BTC. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be bought through centralized exchanges, decentralized exchanges, peer-to-peer sites, and in some cases from the casino itself. We won’t explore all the details of exchanging your fiat currency for crypto here. Whichever route you take, once you have crypto in your wallet, you will then be ready to deposit with the casino.
3. Depsiting Crypto into Your Casino Account
The process may vary slightly from casino to casino, but essentially it is the same process. When logged into your casino account, visit the cashier and choose the deposit option. You will need to select the type of crypto you intend to transfer to the casino, for example, BTC, ETH, etc. You will then see a “send to” address, this is a long string of numbers and letters. You will also more than likely see a QR code. Open your wallet and choose the option to send funds. There you will see a field to input the casino wallet address mentioned above. You can enter it manually or scan the QR code which will automatically populate the address field for you. Be sure to check you have entered the address exactly how you see it on the casino website, and even if you used the QR code, just give it an extra check that it is all correct. Bear in mind, if you send it to the wrong address, you may not ever get your crypto back. Now you will choose the amount you want to transfer, so enter this and submit. Depending on the wallet you are using you will be asked for a password, key, or some kind of verification to make the transfer. Don’t forget to claim your Welcome Bonus if you plan to take it. Some casinos will automatically apply the bonus and for some, you might need to enter a promo code. Once you submit the transfer, within 1-2 minutes, you should see your crypto in your casino account.
4. Withdrawing Crypto from Your Casino Account
At some point, you will want to withdraw your crypto from the casino. Log into your account, visit the cashier, and request a withdrawal. In most cases, you will have to withdraw the same cryptocurrency type that you deposited with. So, if you deposited BTC, you will withdraw BTC as well. You will need to input your wallet’s public address, which can be found when logged into your wallet. Then, enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Before submitting the withdrawal request, just check you have entered your wallet address correctly within the casino cashier (you don’t want your crypto going to the wrong person). Depending on the casino and its processes, you will have to wait for the casino to process the withdrawal. Also, you might need to complete KYC verification, so just keep this in mind. Another tip is to make sure you have met all bonus wagering requirements if you took up the offer or you may forfeit the bonus and any winnings associated with it.
Provably Fair Casino Games
Odds are you have probably never even heard of “Provably Fair Games”. Well, this is something that is unique to crypto casinos. Most of the games you will get to play at a crypto casino use an RNG (random number generator) to ensure that each round of the game is completely random and fair. However, some games are specifically built for Bitcoin and crypto gambling. Provably fair games use a different type of technology that confirms each game in real-time to ensure it is random and fair. While for most people this information is irrelevant, it’s is reassuring to know that the games are fair.
Crypto casinos are here to stay and their popularity is growing every day. Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology are becoming more and more a part of everything we do, including gambling, and you can expect to see many exciting new things in this space. At BTCasino, we are here to give honest, fair, and reliable guidance and support as you venture into the exciting world of cryptocurrency casinos. Our site is filled with in-depth reviews of crypto casinos and games. You will find plenty of exclusive offers and bonuses to kick off your crypto gaming experience. Be sure to bookmark our site and come back often.